Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update....

Man I love summer! It's so nice to wake up and feel the sun shining on you! I love it!! So lots of things have happened the past couple of weeks. I feel my life if FINALLY back on track and heading in a great direction!
I am going back to the hospital to volunteer, which I am very excited about. I am hoping by getting back into that endowment I will be able to network and meet lots of people, hopefully open some door.
I am re-taking my EMT class to get re certified, that way I can go apply with a couple of companies and hopefully a couple hospitals to work as an ER tech. It would be great to get some hands on experience before I transfer.
Speaking of school...I just started my summer classes =[ ugh not fun at all but I am glad by the end of the summer I will have between 9 and 12 credits out of the way. I decided to wait until spring to transfer to Holy Names. I figure I could use the extra couple of months to work save money and get a couple more credits at CC before I make the move. It's a very expensive school, so the more credits I can get at CC the better I am when I transfer.
I am also looking into a couple abroad programs, why not travel as much of the world as you can and get credit for it right? =] So I am hoping with after this summer session I can seriously look into those programs. It's amazing how many great opportunities come your way when you stay focused in school. NEVER thought that would happen =]
OH and more exciting news....I am going to New York in July with two girlfriends. It's going to be AMAZING I can't wait! It's going to be such a great get a way. Plus I have said since I was young that I was born to be on the east coast. I love everything about it. The people the atmosphere EVERYTHING. So I am very excited about that.
I told myself I want to be as close to 199 as possible before this trip. I am currently 225! So I am around 70lbs down.
I started working out hard this week and plan to keep it up until NY rolls around. I have been doing an hour work out in the afternoon and trying to do between 30 and 40 laps in the pool at night. I am slowly starting to feel the difference in my body. I can finally see things getting smaller and looking better so i feel really good about that.
My grandparents are coming in next weekend from MO so I am very excited about that as well. I haven't seen them in about 2 years. So it's a much needed visit for me and my parents.
SO I have to say overall, I am very happy at this point in time. I feel really motivated and focused. And above everything i feel extremely blesses to be surrounded by my supportive family and friends. I'll update again soon!

xoxo
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers